Thursday, July 26, 2012

I may be perhaps a bit more sensitive right now because with the heroics of Andy Murray and Bradley Wiggins and the UK in center stage with the Olympics I am probably the most homesick I have been for a long time and certainly most patriotic and sensitive I have been for my homeland for  long time.  Therefore, perhaps these comments can be taken more into context.

In comes Mitt.  His first foreign visit as a potential President.   He goes to the Country that has over the last few decades been the US's biggest ally and has a Conservative Prime Minister who would undoubtedly would be an ally.   What does he do?  Criticize before he even does research.   In two days makes two huge blunders.   You know what the UK ain't perfect by any stretch, but, what does it say when a Potential President does this?   This scares me to death.  I wonder what he might say to the Russian, Chinese, Iranians etc and what foreign policy a may do...   A very rude and insensitive man!!!!  

As an aside comparing the Summer Olympics to the Winter Olympics is like comparing Major League to AAA's in terms of scale and to compare a City as busy and as large as London to Salt Lake City and therefore an exponentially larger scale of problems is asinine.  I quote from David Cameron (who I don't really care for - he may get my vote after this!!)  "He pointed out that the 2012 Olympics were taking place in a busy city rather than “the middle of nowhere” – a remark was widely seen as a reference to the 2002 Winter Games in Salt Lake City, Utah, which Mr Romney was in charge of organising."


Even if the Olympics end up being a disaster he should keep his nose out and leave the issues to the IOC.  So much for smaller Government Conservative he can't keep out of another Country's Government.

-Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment