Monday, November 5, 2018

I am confused!!   

Some of the strengths of a Christ following disciple is faith, hope and trust with an overarching command to live a peaceful, humble loving life.   It is the core of the message. 

I am confused!!

The main stream church, the evangelical church in the US is now the opposite.  They are in bed with a political party that preaches, or, bullies and they do the same from their pulpits.  They preach fear where Jesus said “do not fear”, they preach hate where Jesus said “love”, they preach violence and war where Jesus said “be peacemakers and out down your swords”, they preach greed where Jesus said “give up your wealth and follow me!”  They have removed Jesus and the power and beauty of the gospel leaving just an empty shell!

I am soo confused!!

I am grief stricken!!

-Richard 


No comments:

Post a Comment