Sunday, June 16, 2024

I’m Only A Kid

 

I’m only a kid

From the North-East of England

Were folks are just

So down to earth.

No one leaves that small world.

Why would they?

Everything you need is there.

 

Why then have I just driven

Down Sunset Boulevard shadowed

By the Hollywood sign?

I lived under the arch

Of the Golden Gate

And passed miles by miles

On Texas blue bonnet highways.

 

How did I manage to stroll

Along large Parisian boulevards

Gazed at St. Petersburg’s glory

And the coral filled Sri Lankan seas

And live in the bright lights

Of London Town?

Because I am blessed

And humbled by the Almighty God

As His path I’ve tried to follow

Each day He leads and guides

Even though I’m a kid

From the North-East of England!

  

9th January 2008, Los Angeles, California, United States of America


No comments:

Post a Comment