Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Poets Inspiration II

 

I wrote many years ago

How when in the Lake District

Of merry old England

That inspired the great poets

Like Wordsworth, Tennyson and Keats

How I understood

Where their creations

Could come from

So deep inside

Inspired by the hills,

Lakes and trees.

 

As I sit here

Surrounded by trees,

Mountains and clouds

Rolling in over the peak,

I feel the same.

My mind has peace

But, ideas are flowing

Circulating around and around

With thoughts of love,

Nature and joy.

The inspiration as

Those of old.

A new continent,

Different hills

The lakes replaced by Appalachians

With God’s glory.

Reflections just the same

Inspiring just the same

If only my words could portray

Just a fraction of what I see

And what I feel!

  

28th May 2007, Ellijay, Georgia, United States of America


No comments:

Post a Comment