Saturday, February 11, 2012

I've decided it's about time that I wrote my poems up into an electronic document.   As I do it will post them on here.   Why I started to try and write is still a mystery in a many ways.  I didn't really read, and certainly not poetry unless it was to do with sports.   I mean as a Chemist why should I have?   Or, at least that's what I thought at the time.   I do know that it was an Organic Chemistry lecture where I was bored, but, listening to the Professor, Goodman, wax lyrically on Natural Product Synthesis that I first got the idea.  So, here they go.  I don't claim to be good, or even close to it, but, it is a way that to express thoughts over the years.   So back to January 1988, the Organic Chemistry department of the University of Bradford we go.




The Day of Victory is Coming

The dark, black thunderous clouds
Gathered like demons waiting to pounce on an unwitting soul.
In this darkness a light tries to glow,
Extinguished by man’s own satanic dreams,
Hell’s terror remains the reward,
Under the rule of the fallen Lucifer.
His grin is hideous, his devils celebrate,
As soul after soul falls to his clawing hand,
Hearts ripped out, souls captured,
Living in eternal devastation.
Up in Heaven The Creator mourns
The loss of soul upon soul
His Son sacrificed once,
The enemy defeated in battle before
Comes down to earth in great Glory.
Darkness blown away
Life in eternal happiness.
The Devil?
Cast away, bound in chains, with him go
All those who worship him,
And evil is forever banished,
Never to sway life from their loving Creator
God and Son and Holy Spirit living in one happy Trinity
Worshiped, loved and glorified
Life at last is as planned
Happy, loving and perfectly pure.

January, 1988 - Bradford, England.

-Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment