Thursday, June 25, 2015



Confusion

Have I just heard
The sereness of Shostakovich
And the beauty of Vivaldi?
Or, is it all confused
As now all I hear
Is the loud, raucous beat
Of drum machines
Banging the same endless
Noise over and over again.
Peace replaced by turmoil.
I’m as confused as the music
Surrounding me.
I think of her,
The girl I love
And a peace and joy
Seem to surround me.
But, yet in the same instant
I realize she’s not here
My peace is shattered.
I’m alone.
I hurt.
I’m in turmoil.
I want my peace back.
I want me joy to return
Like the violins
Overcoming the machines
I want my love
To hold me now.
I think of her and I’m happy.
Happiness that makes me laugh
And misery that makes me cry.
I’m confused.


28th March 1997, Skegness, England




  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment